It is 2018 in Salem, Massachusetts and monsters walk among us. Over the centuries monsters have developed the ability to appear as ordinary as humans and refer to themselves as Extraordinaires, often calling themselves XOs for expediency. Two Extraordinaire organizations, the Bolts led by Bernardo Frankenstein and the Fangs led by Riff Dracula have despised each other for years. Their feud became insignificant when Tony, a member of the Fangs met Maria Frankenstein, Bernardo’s daughter at a dance. The two fell in love at first sight and are to be married. These are civilized times and the rival organizations agreed to set aside their animosities, creating an accord so young love may flourish.
Delusion Island, the world’s most luxurious hideaway has been chosen as the setting for the celebration. The insanely beautiful tropical resort is owned and operated by Extraordinaires and gives the guests freedom to let their hair down and green complexions glow as their hidden identities can be expressed openly. A rehearsal dinner will be held the evening before the ceremony for the wedding party, casual tropical attire allowed. The Frankensteins have spared no expense for the extravagant wedding and guests from both Extraordinaire groups are planning on attending. The gifts have been pouring in, including an exquisite ice sculpture from Yeti himself.
Could this union be the end to the monster’s feud? There have been rumors that Extraordinaires from both organizations are against the truce and of a conspiracy to thwart it.
This party is designed to be hosted by the Bernardo Frankenstein, leader of the Bolts and Father of the Bride and his lovely wife Anita Frankenstein, Mother of the Bride. Has parents of the bride, the Frankensteins are hosting the wedding and rehearsal dinner. During the standard “Meet and Greet” one of the hosts will be charged with reading a short missive about rules of the game. During “Dinner and Discovery” one or both hosts will help facilitate the investigation. And finally during “The Sweet Reveal” after the guest’s Sleuth Cards have been tallied, Bernardo will read the Reveal.
Horror Takes a Holiday Murder Mystery [8-Character] Box_Set
Refunds for Box Sets are available upon return of the unopened product. Buyer is responsible for shipping costs of returned items.
- Host Guide – This guide will take you step by step through the party planning from sending out initial invitations to handing out award certificates at the end of the mystery.
- Schedule of the Party – Pre-Party and Party schedule of To Do’s and Events.
- Host Checklist – Make sure everything is done and ready for success.
- Host Tips – To set the mood, we provide meal ideas, tips for decorating, costume ideas, music choices etc., quite often with internet links.
- Printing Guide – Complete instructions for printing the various pieces of the puzzle.
- Invitations - These will also include an rsvp with guest participation ratings (to help you match your guests to the characters). Note: ALL documentation that is to be sent to your guests will be provided in both mailing and emailing formats. Some people enjoy the tactile sense of sending and receiving physical mail, while others prefer the ease of email.
- Character Selection Guide – This guide will help you match the most prominent characters with the guests that are most anxious to participate.
- Character Booklets - Extensive character backgrounds are provided to help your guests “get in character”. This booklet also includes a list of the other characters attending and basic rules of the game.
- Pre-party Clues – Secrets to send to your guests to keep them excited about attending the party.
- Name Tags – These can be printed on your choice of material.
- Confidential Booklets – The game’s afoot, this information will provide other character’s motives and clues to be shared during the Meet and Greet.
- Introduction – Read when the guests arrive to go over rules of the game.
- Evidence Presentation – A guide for the Person of Authority to present the known evidence to the guests.
- Evidence – All the necessary reports, etc. that have been presented for display.
- Audio File – Some of the parties have audio clues that need to be presented.
- Sleuth Cards – Solution cards to be turned in.
- Sleuth Worksheets – A worksheet that helps the guests keep track of motive, means, opportunity and clues.
- Reveal – A complete guide for the Person of Authority to present all of the evidence, systematically removing the innocent suspects and finally revealing the murderer(s).
- Certificates - “The Sherlock Award”, “Snazzy Dresser” and “Academy Winner” and any other depending on the party.